HIES is a TrustMark Scheme Operator. By being a Scheme Operator, HIES members can now achieve TrustMark membership.
What is TrustMark?
TrustMark is the only Government endorsed standards scheme for trades within the home improvement industry; and by having a TrustMark membership, a company is demonstrating their commitment to work to these standards; providing trust, confidence and peace of mind to consumers. In order to become a TrustMark member, companies must be a member of a ‘Scheme Operator’ (relevant to their business), such as HIES.
What is the cost to join TrustMark?
An annual Trustmark membership cost will vary, the typical cost is around £95 +VAT from an approved TrustMark scheme provider. Alternatively, renewable installers can benefit from free TrustMark membership when joining the HIES consumer code.
Find out more about a Free TrustMark membership.
What are the benefits of a TrustMark membership?
There are many benefits to having a TrustMark membership. In addition to being a well-recognised and trusted scheme, their ‘Find a Local Tradesman’ online directory receives around 750,000 search requests each month from consumers looking for reliable and recommended trades. All registered companies are included in this search facility, helping them to secure more business.
Other benefits to becoming a member include the use of the TrustMark logo and free access to professional, compliant forms that can be co-branded between TrustMark and your business. TrustMark also provides a range of free advice and information to homeowners.
How can HIES members become a TrustMark member?
The process to become a TrustMark member through HIES is as follows:
- Go to the ‘Become a TrustMark registered business’ link https://www.trustmark.org.uk/tradespeople/join-through-trustmark
- Choose HIES as your Scheme Provider when prompted
- On completion of the application on the TrustMark site an e-mail is automatically sent from TrustMark to HIES
- HIES will then contact you in relation to your application to discuss the core criteria that is required by TrustMark
- Where all core criteria are satisfied HIES will then process the membership with TrustMark